Whale Watching and Seaside Dinner in Anchorage
Take your loved one on a surprising date watching whales, followed by a stunning sunset seaside dinner. Immerse yourselves in the wildlife beauty, and bond over the unforgettable sceneries of Anchorage.Add to favorites
- Start your date early in the morning with a wildlife sightseeing tour. Feel the connection with your loved one strengthen as you witness the majestic whales and other wildlife in their natural habitat. The thrill of the close encounters with these marvellous creatures will provide lots of shared moments and conversation starters.
- After the whale watching tour, stroll around the shore, taking in the peaceful ambiance and letting yourselves absorb the beautiful Puffin sights around.
- End the day with a romantic seaside dinner. Choose a restaurant with a beautiful view of the sunset to dine al fresco. Toast with some fine wine, feeling the cool sea breeze on your skin as you share stories, dreams, and memories in the beautiful Anchorage sunset.
- Before your date, make sure to book your wildlife tour early as they often sell out quickly. If you're not sure where to book, you may try companies like Major Marine Tours or Alaska Whale Watching, for they provide excellent services. Don't forget to pack your binoculars and a good camera to capture those amazing sights.
- As the wildlife tour might take a while, it's wise to pack some snacks and bottled water. Layered clothing is recommended as temperatures can shift drastically.
- For the dinner, it might be best to make a reservation. Restaurants like Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill offer exquisite cuisine and scenic vistas that perfectly wrap up your adventure-filled day.
You may need
- Consider consulting a local tour guide or a navigator to make sure you have an unforgettable whale watching experience. Anchorage is known for its large population of whales in September, particularly orcas.
- Beluga Point, just south of Anchorage, is one of the best spots for seeing beluga whales. Be patient, sightings are not guaranteed but when they happen, they are worth the wait.
- If you're visiting in September, the sunsets and the Northern lights could be a cherry on the top of your unforgettable date. The lights might be visible and will turn your romantic dinner into an otherworldly experience.
- The weather in Anchorage during September can be unpredictable, with temperatures ranging from mild to chilly. It's essential to dress in layers to stay comfortable during your wildlife tour.