Riverbank Poetry Reading
Escape the chaos of the city and enjoy a calm afternoon by the Dnieper River. Pack a couple of your favorite poetry books and share your favorite verses with each other. The soothing sounds of the river and the beauty of poetry will make this a memorable date.Add to favorites
- Start your date by meeting at the city center and take a casual stroll towards the Dnieper River. Once you find a peaceful spot, settle down and begin with reading your favorite poems. Take turns to read and share thoughts on each poem. This will not only improve your bond but also enable you to get a deep understanding of each other's perspectives.
- As the date goes on, try to delve into improvised poetry. Use your surroundings for inspiration and make the verses about each other or about the beautiful nature around you. Remember, the aim is not to be the next Shakespeare but to have fun and share a few laughs.
- Finally, as the sun sets, lay down and look at the starlit sky, bask in the peaceful river sounds and reminisce about your favorite parts of the day. Close the date with a promise to do this more often. The simplicity of this date and the deep conversations that ensue will make it one to remember.
- Before your date, get together a couple of your favorite poetry books or compile some of your favorite verses online. Check the weather beforehand and dress accordingly.
- Pack a blanket and some cushions for comfort. You might also want to pack a light snack or two to enjoy while you share your favorite poems. Make sure to pack all of this stuff the day before to avoid any unnecessary stress on the date.
- Lastly, make sure you have a clear understanding of where you will meet and where you will go. Have a plan for getting to the riverbank and going back to the city, just in case you get carried away with your poetry reading and lost track of time. You don't want your date to end on a stressful note.
- While reading poetry, ensure to keep the mood light and playful. It's not an English literature class, so don't pressure each other into understanding every word or phrase.
- Also remember to respect the natural surroundings. Don't litter and ensure to leave the riverbank as beautiful as you found it.
- Finally, it's important to ensure you're both comfortable during the date. Carry any necessary items you might need like a jacket or a bottle of water. This will make sure you enjoy your date fully.