Picnic in the Library
Enjoy a serene indoor picnic in a library while indulging in an intellectual journey through a good book. This creative date idea combines the traditional idea of a picnic with the intellectual pleasure of reading.Add to favorites
- Get ready to embrace the tranquility of a library with the essence of a delightful picnic. This date starts with you both choosing an interesting book from the library. As soon as you are ready with your books, find a quiet corner and spread out your picnic blanket. Then proceed to enjoy your packed lunch while immersing yourselves in the world of literature.
- Imagine: the soft lighting of the library enwraps you, and the smell of vintage books fills the air. As you both venture into your respective tales, every once in a while, share exciting tidbits about your own book world with the other. The little chit-chats in between reading will definitely spice up the atmosphere and bring you both closer.
- The intellectual stimulation from reading and the joy of sharing a meal together would converge, culminating in an unforgettable bonding experience. This is a perfect way to spend quality time together, both learning and unwinding simultaneously. What's more, is you’ll have a great talking point for when you come out of your books.
- To prepare for this date, you will need to gather a few things. First, pack a picnic basket with simple finger foods—sandwiches, fruits, cheese, and crackers would be ideal. Try to avoid foods that are messy or require utensils to maintain the cleanliness of the library.
- Second, bring a comfortable picnic blanket to sit on. An indoor picnic means you don't have to worry about the weather, but comfort is always crucial. Pick a blanket that is soft and large enough for you both to lounge comfortably for a couple of hours.
- Lastly, take time to research and have a couple of book titles you both might be interested in. This will make the process of choosing a book at the library faster and more precise, giving you more time to relax and enjoy each other's company.
You may need
- Since this is a library, it's crucial that you both maintain silence as much as possible not to disturb others. Use this silent environment to focus more on connecting with each other through gestures, expressions and of course, the shared experience of reading.
- While choosing a book, try to select one that both you and your partner can enjoy. Reading the same book can lead to a more enriched conversation post-picnic as you'd have a lot to discuss and debate. This could also lead to making this a regular activity by forming a mini book club of your own.
- When packing food, make sure you check the library's policy regarding eating inside. If their policy doesn't permit, you could always have your picnic outside the library (weather permitting) or find a nearby cafe where you could continue your reading date post-picnic.