Milonga Dance Lessons
Your living room turns into a Buenos Aires milonga hall for the evening, as you teach your partner the sexy and dramatic moves of the Argentine tango.Add to favorites
- You're an experienced milonga dancer, with a deep love for the Argentine Tango. Your partner, Virginia, is visiting Buenos Aires for the first time and is eager to dive into the local culture.
- In this roleplay scenario, she's your charming and quick-witted mother-in-law, interested in learning the passionate dance style. Your wife is away, and you two find yourselves with a shared interest in the captivating allure of tango. The dance of flirting, temptation and immersion into the rhythm gives you a chance to know each other in a completely different, more intimate light.
- As the evening unfolds, the tension between you two grows, mirroring the dramatic intensity of the Argentine tango. The way you both move around each other, lead and follow, are heightened by the fact that it's a forbidden dance, making the mutual attraction even more powerful.
- Set the mood in your living room by adjusting the lighting – it should be dim and moody to reflect the ambience of a Buenos Aires milonga hall. Install a music player or your computer with a good set of speakers to play some authentic tango music.
- Prepare a playlist of Argentine tango music beforehand. The music should be passionate and evoke an air of mystery and desire. Some classic tunes include 'Por Una Cabeza' by Carlos Gardel or 'El Choclo' by Ángel Villoldo.
- Dress the part. As this is a roleplay scenario, you should be dressed as a classic milonguero – a man of mystery and experience, who knows his way around the dance floor. Virginia could wear a sexy, form-fitting dress appropriate for the dance.
You may need
- Watch some YouTube videos to understand the basics of Argentine tango. It's important to grasp the leading and the following roles, as well as some basic moves and styles. Also, make a note of classic tango etiquette in milongas to keep the roleplay authentic.
- Remember that the tango is not just about the steps, but also about the passionate emotion you put into the dance. This is a wonderful chance to connect with Virginia, as you will need to move together, anticipate each other's movements.
- Most importantly, have fun with it. Although this is a dance lesson, it doesn't have to be serious or technical. The goal is to enjoy each other's company, get closer, and create a memorable experience.