Cozy Winter Movie Night at Home
Stay warm and snuggled up this winter in the comfort of your own home with this cozy date idea. Bring out the blankets and snacks, pick a favorite movie or two, and get ready for a night of shared laughter, tears, and, most importantly, quality time together.Add to favorites
- Your date will start with the both of you bundling up in your coziest blankets and picking out an awesome movie. Pop some popcorn, maybe pour some chilled sparkling juice or hot chocolate, and enjoy the movie in each other’s company.
- Throughout the date, you will have the chance to talk, laugh, share memories, and even get lost in the film. Take turns choosing movies, so you can both share your favorite films. You might even discover a new favorite movie together.
- The date will then wrap up with a late-night hot chocolate and little bit of soft, sweet conversation under the warmth of your shared blanket. Or not. The choice is yours.
- First, make sure that your home is cozy and warm. You don't want to be shivering throughout your movie. Next, choose a movie or two. You might want to jump in the shower before the date and change into fresh, comfortable clothing. You'll also want to get your snacks ready ahead of time. Consider making or buying some popcorn and have your favorite drinks on hand.
- Make sure you have comfortable seating arrangements. Remember, you'll be in close quarters for a while. Decorate your space a little so it feels special. Some fairy lights or candles can be a nice touch. And finally, keep an extra blanket near you in case it gets even colder.
- Afterwards, take a few minutes to clean up after the movie. It’s always nice to leave things tidy after a cozy evening.
You may need
- To fully enjoy your movie night, eliminate as many distractions as possible. Turn off your phones or at least mute notifications. Choose movies you both will enjoy. It's not bad to have a backup plan in case one or both of you end up not liking the movie.
- During pauses in the movie or after you finish watching, take advantage of the opportunity to chat about the movie, and also about anything else that comes to mind. It's a great way to understand each other better.
- Lastly, remember the aim of the date: to have fun and bond. If you end up not liking a movie, make light of it and choose another one. The most important thing is spending quality time together.