Art Appreciation Date at The Tretyakov Gallery
Spend an entire day at The Tretyakov Gallery, one of the world's greatest museums dedicated to Russian art, relishing the classic and modern artworks. Be surrounded by beauty and history for a romantic, inspiring, and chill date.Add to favorites
- Start your day by meeting at an agreed location before proceeding to The Tretyakov Gallery. Take your time to stroll through the rooms, admiring the varied collection that spans centuries. Share thoughts and emotions sparked by the art, and attempt to interpret the meaning behind each masterpiece together.
- Break for a leisurely lunch at the museum's café, where you can continue your art discussions over a delicious meal. After lunch, resume your tour, focusing on the sections that caught your interest earlier in the day.
- In the evening, chill in the museum's beautiful garden. As you watch the sunset and Moscow's citylights come alive, it's the perfect moment to share your highlights from the day and deepen your connection.
- Buy the tickets online to skip queues. Take time to research on the museum's collection and plan your visit around the exhibitions that appeal to you both the most.
- Though the gallery provides audio guides, reading up beforehand allows for more interactive and engaging discussions. Casual and comfortable clothing is advised as you'll be on your feet most of the day. Don't forget a light shawl or cardigan as museums tend to be chilly.
- Pack a light bag with essential items such as water, notebook and pen for jotting down thoughts or doodling, and a camera if you enjoy photography.
You may need
- Check the gallery opening hours and days to avoid disappointment. The museum tends to be less crowded during weekdays.
- Give each other the freedom to explore. You don't have to stick together at all times. This will give you both interesting topics to discuss when you reconvene.
- If you're not well-acquainted with Russian art, don't worry. The goal isn't to become experts, but to explore something new together, learn and grow.