Ankara Art and Culture Adventure
Spend time exploring the incredible art galleries and historical sites in Ankara, Turkey. This date idea is not only unique but also free and perfect for those who love to explore culture and art.Add to favorites
- The date begins with a visit to the State Art and Sculpture Museum, where you can together appreciate the rich collection of Turkish art spanning through centuries. After a morning spent exploring the artworks in the museum, you can proceed to the Roman Temple, a historical site in Ankara dating back to the Roman Era.
- Following a lunch from home eaten in one of Ankara's beautiful parks, the afternoon would be dedicated to visiting the Ankara Opera House and enjoying the beautiful architecture of the building. The date would end with a self-guided tour at the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, an award-winning museum which houses a fascinating array of artifacts from the prehistoric era to the classical period.
- In between these visits, you will encounter interesting statues, ancient ruins and impressive monuments, all of which tell a story about Ankara's intriguing past. This unique date activity is not just a day out, but also a journey through time, saturating you and your significant other in rich art, culture and history of Ankara.
- Before starting the date, do some research about the timings and locations of the venues you are going to visit. Pack a healthy lunch from home to have at one of Ankara's beautiful parks; not only is it economical, but it is also a chance to have a romantic picnic together.
- Dress comfortably, as you would be walking quite a bit throughout the day. Also, make sure to wear warm clothes as November can be a bit chilly in Ankara. Be prepared for light rain as there is a slight probability of precipitation.
- Have a map handy and plan your route. As all these venues are popular, it’s easy to find directions on the internet. Also, have a small backpack to carry essentials like water, camera, and the lunch you packed.
You may need
- While the main activities on this date are free, it’s a good idea to carry some cash or a credit card in case you wish to purchase any souvenirs or need to take public transport.
- Most of the museums and historical sites have plaques with information in English. However, if you’re not familiar with Turkish history, you might consider reading a bit before the date to be able to appreciate the artifacts more.
- Keep an eye on the time as visiting all spots might be a bit of a rush. So, start your day early. Also, make sure to take breaks to rest and to eat and hydrate regularly. This date focuses on quality time together while appreciating the culture, so there is no need to rush. Enjoy it at your own pace.