An Evening in Jerusalem Bazaar and Wine Tasting
This date is a perfect blend of a cultural and culinary experience. It includes exploring Mahane Yehuda Market in Jerusalem, diner in an authentic and reasonably priced Israeli restaurant and ending with a wine tasting in an intimate wine bar.Add to favorites
- Begin your date by meeting at Mahane Yehuda Market in the early evening. Here, you will be able to explore the stalls and small eateries, sampling the local produce and enjoying the lively atmosphere.
- Next, it's time for dinner. Choose between the many authentic and moderately priced restaurants around the market to have a sit down meal. We recommend Azura restaurant, a local favourite known for its traditional Jerusalem cuisine.
- After dinner, head over to Wine Bar, a cosy wine bar that offers a vast selection of local and international wines. Here, you can relax, taste different wines, and enjoy some pleasant conversation in a cosy atmosphere.
- First, do some research about the market and its history. This can be a great conversation starter and can also help you make informed decisions about what to try.
- Ensure to book your dinner at the restaurant in advance as these places can get busy, especially on weekend nights and festivals. In case you don’t drink, check if the wine bar has non-alcoholic options.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable shoes because you'll be doing a fair bit of walking.
- When exploring the market, don't hesitate to try samples from different vendors. It's a great way to taste many different things without getting too full.
- In the restaurant, don't forget to ask the staff for the day's special - often, this is a dish made with fresh ingredients from the market itself.
- Usually wine bars provide sampler options, it’s a good way to try different Israeli wines without spending a lot. Lastly, remember the drinking age in Israel is 18, so have your IDs with you to avoid any disappointment.