Write a story together
It's the perfect way to get to know each other better and have some fun. Plus, you'll end up with a unique memento of your time together.
- This can be done by each person taking turns writing a sentence or two, or by taking turns writing a paragraph. Whichever way you choose to do it, make sure you have a clear idea of what kind of story you want to tell before you start. It can be helpful to come up with a rough outline of the plot beforehand, so that you don't get stuck when it's your turn to write.
- Once you've decided on the story you want to tell, it's time to start writing! If you're doing it sentence by sentence, take turns writing one and then passing the notebook back and forth. If you're doing it paragraph by paragraph, each person should write their paragraph and then read it out loud to the other person before moving on.
- Take some time to brainstorm a few ideas together before you start writing. This can help to get the creative juices flowing and to make sure you are on the same page.
- Once you start writing, don't be afraid to let your imaginations run wild. This is supposed to be fun, so go with the flow!
- Write in a way that is true to your voice, so that the story sounds cohesive even though it was written by two people.
- As you write, try to keep an open mind. If one of you comes up with an idea that the other doesn't love, see if there's a way to make it work. It's okay to disagree, but remember that you're both working towards the same goal: creating a great story!