Take a Pottery-Making Class
Learning new things together can help strengthen a couple’s bond as well as take their relationship to another level. A pottery-making class is a good idea, especially if you remember how amazing it looked between Sam and Molly in ‘Ghost’.
- Things are going to messy, and that’s the whole point. Make sure that you’re wearing clothes that can get dirty and possibly stained.
- Wear an apron or overalls to keep the mess you’ll have to clean from your clothes to a minimum.
- If you’re doing this from home (a great idea if you have the right tools!), you’ll have to lay down old newspapers to protect your floor. Find a YouTube video that is easy to keep up with.
- You don’t even need a professional setup if you’re doing it at home. You can simply use sites such as Amazon to get pottery and clay sculpting tools for beginners. If you’re planning to truly re-enact the ‘Ghost’ scene, it would be better done at home.
- Listen to some romantic music before you go to the class to set yourself in the right mood. “Unchained Melody’ by the Righteous Brothers is the perfect choice. Of course, don’t get too romantic because you might not be the only people in the pottery-making class!
- Watch the film ‘Ghost’ if you haven’t already, or rewatch it to see that magic moment and try to relive it. Note that this is perhaps something you should only do if you’re able to have a private class or have the class at home.
- You could watch pottery tutorials on the internet so you at least have an idea of what you’re doing.
- Make sure that the class you attend is a once-off thing, many courses will have three or more classes that you’ll have to attend. If you and your partner want to commit, you can sign up for a more in-depth learning experience.
- If you can, find a pottery class that will have you and your partner create something you can keep forever. Having a mug or vase that you can decorate with each other’s names and important dates is a lovely way to remember your special moments.
You may need
My Spicy Vanilla product selections are curated by the editorial team. If you buy something through our links,
may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we genuinely love.
My Spicy Vanilla product selections are curated by the editorial team. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we genuinely love.