Sunset Viewing at Asansor
Experience the unique beauty of İzmir's skyline as the sun sets over the city. Start your date at Asansor, a historical elevator that also serves as a viewing platform, providing stunning panoramic views over İzmir.Add to favorites
- Start your evening by heading to the Asansor around an hour before sunset. Upon reaching the top, the view that greets you, laden with rays of the dying sun, while the city starts to light up, is an incredibly picturesque sight, something that would reinforce the idea that simple joys of life can be truly mesmerizing. As you both sit there in the quiet, watching the sky turn from vibrant orange to a soothing blue, you can capture this moment not just in your cameras, but also in your hearts forever.
- The Asansor, situated in the area of Karatas, is a historic building and it is symbolic of the city. It was used as a public service to save people from having to climb steep hill streets.
- As the sun sets and stars make their appearance, this place offers a perfect opportunity for stargazing. Enjoy the mystical tranquility that surrounds you and don’t forget to make a wish upon a shooting star, if you see one!
- No special preparations are needed for this date. Just make sure that you are dressed comfortably for the weather.
- You might want to bring along a camera to capture some beautiful sunset photos but make sure that you also spend time enjoying the view and the moment, without any distractions.
- If you have a picnic blanket, you could bring it along with you. After the sun sets, you can lie down, gaze at the stars, and have some quiet, romantic time.
You may need
- Try and get to the Asansor a little early to get a good spot for the sunset view.
- While Asansor itself is well-lit after dark, the surrounding area might not be, so it would be smart to pack a small, portable flashlight.
- The weather can turn chilly in the evenings, especially in November. It's a good idea to dress in layers or bring a warm scarf or blanket.