Starlit Canoeing and Countryside Dinner
As the sun sets, put on a life jacket and jump in a canoe with your sweetheart. Paddle under the starlit sky, enjoy at the rays of the moon shimmering on the water, and listen to the night sounds. After the canoeing adventure, head to a cosy, local farm-to-table restaurant and satisfy your taste buds with the best of countryside cuisine.Add to favorites
- Your romantic date begins with calm canoeing under the twinkling stars while you both paddle in the peaceful water. The moon shines brightly, casting its glow across the water body and creating a fantastic light show. Feel the light breeze carries the sweet smell of the surrounding woods as you engage in an intimate conversation.
- From there, you drive through the serene Sabot-Petersburg roads to reach a local farm-to-table restaurant. The countryside setting, the aroma of fresh produce, and the cosy ambience of the eatery make for a perfect dinner setup. The place is lit with warm, fairy lights adding to its charm. Get ready to relish some of the heartiest dishes made from locally sourced ingredients.
- End your date by walking around in the cool night and maybe share an ice-cream from a local creamery. It's the perfect opportunity for some more deeper conversations.
- Start by booking your canoe in advance. Carry a small bug spray and ensure you both are dressed comfortably. Comfortable shoes, a lightweight jacket, and maybe a hat should be good.
- Make a reservation at the farm-to-table restaurant of your choice. They often fill up quickly so ensure you have a spot ready for you. Check their menu to have an idea of what you'll be having.
- Lastly, check the weather in advance to make sure your plan doesn’t get washed away. Also, let someone know where you’ll be, just as a safety measure.
- Try to plan your date so you're paddling when the sky is at its darkest. This will give you the best view of the stars.
- If either of you is not very experienced in canoeing, pick a day with calm wind conditions. You do not want the date to be a struggle with the wind and water current.
- Try to get a canoe with a comfortable seat. It will make your paddling experience much more enjoyable.