Outdoor Scavenger Hunt in Ottawa
Explore the beauty and history of Canada's capital city, Ottawa with an outdoor scavenger hunt. This activity combines fun, exploration and intellectual stimulation in a unique package. Get ready to decipher clues and learn about the history and culture of Ottawa while having a great time.Add to favorites
- Your adventure begins at the historical Parliament Hill, where you'll receive your first clue. Each new clue you solve not only guides you to the next location but also provides a snippet of information about the history or culture of that place. Enjoy the stunning architectural beauty of the buildings like the National Gallery of Canada, Chateau Laurier, and Byward Market. Appreciate local, public art, monuments and murals on your journey through the city. Finally, you'll end your hunt at Ottawa's beautiful Monument of Human Rights, a testament to Canada's commitment to equality and freedom.
- Ottawa's September weather is moderately warm and pleasant, perfect for spending time outdoors. Wind adds an exhilarating element to your adventure. Cloak yourselves in light jackets and comfortable shoes to walk around the city and keep your spirits high.
- Whether you're a history buff, a fan of architecture, or just someone who enjoys a good puzzle, this scavenger hunt is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the Canadian culture and scenery while challenging your intellect.
- Before your scavenger hunt, rest well and take a wholesome breakfast to keep your energy levels up during the hunt. Since this is an outdoor event, do remember to check the weather prior. It is typical in September for afternoon thunderstorms to occur, so if weather forecasts suggest rain, schedule your scavenger hunt early, completing it before mid-afternoon.
- Next, you'll need to sign up for a scavenger hunt package which are commonly offered by local tour agencies in Ottawa. They'll provide the clues, maps and basic instructions required for your hunt. In most cases, guides will be available to help you anytime. Prefer to do it yourselves? Pack a list of significant places in Ottawa, prepare intellectual questions related to each place and let the adventure begin!
- Energy conservation is important during your scavenger hunt. The plan should involve taking breaks when needed and remembering to hydrate. Carry a bottle of water with you and take rest breaks, especially at the venues, to appreciate their beauty and architecture.
You may need
- Try to pack light for your scavenger hunt. Carrying unnecessary weight around the city for several hours can wear you out quickly. Essential things to carry are your clues, maps, a water bottle, and some light snacks.
- Your scavenger hunt is not just about rushing from one clue to another. This is an opportunity for you to see new places and take the time to appreciate the beauty and architecture of Ottawa. Don't rush; enjoy each moment to the fullest.
- And remember, the goal is not necessarily to finish first, but to have a memorable and fun experience. Formulate strategies, involve your partner in decision making and enjoy this intellectual challenge. Solving clues together and discovering new places could stand as a great bonding time. It's not every day you get to race around a city solving puzzles, after all!