Night at the Hermitage Museum
Immerse yourself in the romantic atmosphere of the magnificent Hermitage Museum after hours. Follow the tour with a moonlight stroll along the Griboedov Canal, enjoy the night view of Saint Petersburg and finally, have a lavish dinner at a fine-dining restaurant.
- Your date starts as you meet your partner at the entrance of the Hermitage Museum. You join a small group tour, which allows you to admire the museum's wonders without the usual crowds. Your guide leads you through the dazzling interiors, filled with art and culture, offering interesting information about the museum's rich history and items.
- After the tour, take a leisurely stroll along the Griboedov Canal. Stop by the Bank Bridge and take in the beautiful view of the canal with its iconic griffins. As you walk, share your thoughts about the art pieces you saw in the museum, which will surely lead to a deeper conversation and connection.
- End your date with a lavish dinner at a fine-dining restaurant. Let the candlelight, soft music, and delicious food create a sensual mood that enhances the romantic ambiance.
- Book the night tour at the Hermitage Museum at least a week in advance. Reservations often fill quickly, especially during peak tourist seasons. You may also want to read up on some of the art pieces and exhibitions in the museum to be able to appreciate them more.
- Plan your route along the Griboedov Canal. Identify the key sights you want to see together. The route is pretty straightforward, but mapping it out ensures you don't miss anything.
- Make a reservation at the fine dining restaurant. Choose a table with a good view if possible. If you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, make sure to discuss them with the restaurant when booking.
- Dress elegantly but comfortably for this date. The Hermitage Museum has a certain sophistication, and you will be walking a lot, both in the museum and alongside the canal.
- Even though September in Saint Petersburg is relatively warmer, the weather can be unpredictable. Take an umbrella or light coat with you in case the temperature drops at night.
- Romantic as this date may be, remember to respect the public laws and norms. This includes not climbing on the statues near the canal and not touching art pieces in the museum.