Moonlit Moscow Night Picnic
This adventurous and romantic date idea takes you on a moonlit picnic in the heart of Moscow. You'll admire the captivating sights of the city under the night sky, creating unforgettable memories with your partner.Add to favorites
- The date begins with a casual stroll through the historic Red Square. As the evening unfolds, you and your partner find the perfect spot for a picnic, preferably with a stunning view of the Saint Basil's Cathedral. With a simple blanket spread out on the ground, it's time to kick back, relax, and enjoy each other's company under the glowing moon and twinkling stars. The evening ends with a leisurely walk back through the city, hand in hand.
- Enjoy the tranquil night atmosphere of Moscow as you dig into your pre-packed picnic, soaking up the scenic night scenery of the city. There's something incredibly soothing about the city lights reflecting off the ancient Kremlin buildings. Talk, laugh, gaze at the stars, and savor the romance of the moment.
- Underneath the Moscow night sky, it's the perfect setting for deep conversations, romantic whispers, and shared laughter. This date night promises not just memorable moments but also a fresh perspective on Moscow's beauty and charm.
- Preparation for this date is quick and simple. Prior to the date, you should pack a picnic spread with your favourite snacks, desserts, and non-alcoholic drinks. Remember to also bring a comfortable blanket to sit on. To maintain the romantic vibe, consider including items like fairy lights or small decorative lanterns to set the mood. As you'll be in a public space, make sure to pack everything you need while keeping it minimal and portable.
- Dress comfortably and in keeping with the weather. Moscow's September nights can be cool, so don't forget to wear or bring layers to stay warm. This will also make your date much more enjoyable and comfortable.
- Check the weather forecast and the moon phases before you set your date. Ideally, choose a clear night for maximum stargazing opportunities. It might also be a good idea to have a couple of indoor backup plans in case of unpredictable weather changes.
- For a more intimate experience, try to find an uncrowded part of the Red Square for your picnic. Remember to respect the public space and clean up after yourself once your picnic ends.
- Though the date idea is free, you might need to cover some basic costs such as for snacks, picnic basket and other accessories. However, these costs are relatively small and do not amount to much. Remember, the essence of this date lies in the experience rather than lavish spending.
- Last but not least, remember to carry a portable phone charger. Not only can you capture beautiful memories with your camera, but you'll also want to ensure you have a form of communication that is charged and ready to go, especially since you'll be out during the evening. Safety first!