Love in the Time of Literature
A romantic date at the State Library of Moscow, filled with exploration of literature and art. Unearth hidden gems and share favorite books with each other, fostering special moments of exchange and connection.Add to favorites
- Arriving at the beautiful historical State Library of Moscow, you find yourselves surrounded by the smell of old books and the quiet rustle of turning pages. As you walk through the aisles, you and your partner share the books that have touched your souls, leading to profound conversations about life, love, and everything in between.
- To add a dash of fun, play a small game. Each of you will pick a book and read a random paragraph to the other. Guess what kind of story the book tells, or make up a whimsical tale based on that paragraph.
- Lastly, choose a book you both are interested in and read it together; either out loud, sharing a laugh, a tear, or a powerful thought, or together in silence, a special kind of intimacy that only a shared love for books can create.
- Before you head out, make sure to check the working hours of the State Library. It's open to the public, but some sections may have specific timings. Brush up your knowledge of famous Russian authors and their books to impress your partner.
- Don't forget to bring your ID for registration at the library. Also, consider wearing comfortable and warm clothing, as it might get chilly inside.
- It might be a good idea to prepare a list of books you've loved and want to recommend to your partner and ask them to do the same. This helps in starting a conversation and reveals a lot about each other's tastes and personality.
You may need
- While you're talking about books and authors, don't shy away from sharing personal thoughts, emotions and memories that certain books might evoke. It's these little details that make conversations meaningful and relationships stronger.
- Handle the books with care, as some of them are old and very valuable. Make sure to return them to their proper place after paging through them.
- Finally, keep in mind this date is about enjoying each other's company and not about who has read more books or who knows more about authors. So keep it light and fun, take pleasure in sharing and understanding each other's literary taste, and you'll have a wonderful date.