Indoor Art and History Exploration in Ankara
For the couple who appreciates art and history, embark on an indoor exploration of Ankara's rich cultural scene. The day starts with a visit to the exquisite Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, where you'll get lost in the museum's vast collection of unique pieces. Follow this with an emotional visit to the Anitkabir, the mausoleum where Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, is buried. The day tasks a creative and educational turn, perfect for a chilly November day indoors in Ankara. Both venues provide ample opportunities to learn, appreciate, and grow as a couple while creating beautiful memories.Add to favorites
- Your journey begins at the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. This archaeological museum offers one of the finest collections from the prehistoric era to the modern day. You'll be amazed by the various pieces showcasing civilization's evolution from the Stone Age to the Bronze Age. Be prepared to absorb facts and stories of the past, something that can make quite an exciting conversation topic.
- Next, proceed to the Anitkabir. This monumental tomb of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk offers a solemn reminder of Turkey's history. Let the solemnity of the surroundings move you and your partner and provide a lesson about national pride and duty.
- Closing off the day, stop by the quiet onsite café at the museum. Discuss your interpretations and impressions over a warm cup of Turkish tea. This tranquil setting allows for heartfelt conversation and an excellent wrap-up to your date.
- To prepare for this date, read up a little about Turkish history and art. A basic understanding will enrich the overall experience for both you and your partner. You can also brush up on your Turkish language skills to engage with local guides more effectively if you want to take it a step further.
- Make sure to check the museum's and mausoleum's visiting hours and schedule your day accordingly. It's also worth noting if any special exhibits are on during your visit to add something extra to your day.
- Pack essentials like water, a notebook and a pen to jot down your favorite exhibits, impressions, or feelings as the day unfolds. Don’t forget your camera to capture memories of your historical escape.
You may need
- Be respectful while visiting historical sites. They are often important cultural benchmarks, and maintaining decorum is an absolute must.
- Feel free to ask questions to the guides at the museum and mausoleum. The more you learn, the more your trip will be enriched.
- Lastly, don’t forget to taste the authentic Turkish tea while at the museum café, enjoy the ambiance and the serenity while having thoughtful conversations with your partner.