Discover the hidden treasures of the city as you venture on a thrilling, adventurous and romantic Geocaching date. This activity is perfect for couples seeking an exhilarating experience on a low budget. Explore together, challenge yourselves, and enjoy the satisfaction of finding the caches.Add to favorites
- Start your date with a good breakfast at home to ensure you have plenty of energy for the treasure hunt. Pack your backpack with essentials: water, a GPS device, and a sense of adventure.
- Geocaching is like an outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Players navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the cache (container) hidden at that location. It's fun and rewarding.
- After a day of treasure hunting, enjoy a casual dinner at a traditional German diner. Reflect on your date, discuss the highlights, laugh about the tricky parts, and bond over your shared experience.
- First, you'll need to register for a free basic membership at www.geocaching.com. Once your account is set up, use the search function to explore geocaches nearby. There are probably more geocaches near you than you think. Choose and save a few that sound interesting.
- Download a Geocaching app on your phones, and you are ready for your adventure. You'll need a GPS device or a smartphone with GPS capabilities. Pack a backpack with water and some snacks to keep your energy levels up.
- Check the guidelines and tips for newcomers on the Geocaching website. People who set these caches often provide hints to help you find the treasure. Be respectful of the places where you search. Always leave the area as you found it, or even better.
You may need
- In geocaching, it's all about the journey, not just the destination. Take your time to enjoy the variety of locations that the caches lead you to. Don't forget to bring along a camera to capture the memories of your unique date.
- Remember to keep the Geocache guidelines in mind: if you take something from the geocache (or 'cache'), leave something of equal or greater value. Write about your find in the cache logbook.
- Make sure to respect nature and be considerate of others. If a cache is missing or damaged, let the cache owner know via the logging system on the Geocaching website.