Culinary Journey in Nuremberg
Explore the food scene of Nuremberg through a culinary walking tour. You'll sample the city's foods, from Nuremberg sausages to Franconian wine. No better way to get to know the city than its food!Add to favorites
- Imagine walking hand in hand with your partner, exploring the Market Square in Nuremberg, Germany. As the food enthusiasts you are, you get to taste local delicacies and learn about their history from an experienced guide.
- Your journey will begin at Hauptmarkt where you can sample some of the city's famous sausages. Then, you can stroll through the charming streets of the Old Town, where you'll discover local bakeries, butchers, and wine shops.
- Towards the end of the tour, you'll find yourself at a cozy local wine bar where you can enjoy a wine tasting. The guide will explain the nuances of different Franconian wines, making this a learning experience as well as an indulgence.
- Book a culinary walking tour that suits your taste and schedule. These tours usually provide enough food for a hearty lunch, so make sure you come with an appetite.
- Wear comfortable shoes as there will be quite a bit of walking involved. Also, a small backpack could come in handy if you wish to buy some local products to take home with you.
- Finally, don't forget your camera. Nuremberg is renowned for its beautiful architecture and vibrant streets, providing plenty of photo opportunities.
You may need
- If you have specific dietary restrictions or preferences, be sure to inform the tour guide ahead of time so they can accommodate you.
- It's always a good idea to tip your guide if you've enjoyed the tour. They often share their personal perspectives of the city, which can add a great deal of value to your experience.
- As Nuremberg can be quite busy during the weekends, it's best to book your tour in advance to secure your spot. Also, remember that most shops close early on Saturdays.