Culinary exploration in Overland Park
Indulge in the beauty of Overland Park while savoring its most delectable dishes. This unique date idea is perfect for couples who appreciate good food and want to try their hands at cooking. You'll participate in an engaging cooking class, dine at an award-winning restaurant, and finish the day with a relaxing stroll in a local park.Add to favorites
- Start your date at The Culinary Center of Kansas City, known for its intimate cooking classes. You and your partner will bond over a shared cooking experience, learning from some of the best chefs in town.
- After working up an appetite, continue your gastronomic journey at J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood, an award-winning restaurant known for its impactful flavors and enticing ambiance.
- To digest all the tasty food, head to the beautiful Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens. The stroll will give you both a chance to enjoy the open air, breathtaking landscapes, and peaceful ambiance.
- Check availability and reserve your spots at The Culinary Center of Kansas City well in advance as classes can fill up quickly.
- Don't forget to make a dinner reservation at J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood. The restaurant is quite popular, so booking ahead of time will help ensure you get a table.
- If you and your partner are sensitive to certain ingredients, do call ahead and let the restaurants know of any dietary restrictions or requirements.
You may need
- Although you'll be provided with all the tools and ingredients required for your cooking class, it's a good idea to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, as you'll be standing for some time.
- Because you'll be cooking with and for each other, this is the perfect time to discuss each other's food preferences, allergies, and dislikes. This knowledge can help prevent any unwelcome surprises during the meal.
- Don't rush off immediately after the park stroll. If the weather is nice, you could extend your romantic evening under the stars with a small impromptu picnic. Pack a bottle of wine and some light snacks to enjoy in the park.