Classic Russian Day Out
Embark on a journey to experience the classic Russian lifestyle. Day out includes a visit to the State Tretyakov Museum, boating in the Patriarch's Ponds, and a traditional Russian dinner at Chemodan Restaurant.Add to favorites
- Begin your day at the historical State Tretyakov Museum, admiring the exquisite Russian art. Explore the rooms filled with pre-revolutionary art, and let the paintings tell the stories of the old Russian lifestyle.
- After that, move to the realm of Russian literature at the Patriarch's Ponds. You will learn why this place is so important for all the admirers of Mikhail Bulgakov's 'Master and Margarita'. Weather permitting, rent a boat and enjoy some time on the water in the golden autumn scenery.
- Finish your day at the Chemodan Restaurant with a traditional Russian dinner. Their cuisine is based on dishes from Siberia: wild game, fish, and delicious berries and mushrooms. This will be an epicurean adventure and a delightful end to your classic Russian day.
- Start your preparation by booking your tickets for the State Tretyakov Museum online. This will help you avoid long queues. Get a map of the museum and plan your viewing in advance.
- For the boat ride, ensure to check the timings and whether boat rentals are available on that day. Wear comfortable footwear as you might need to walk around the pond.
- Make a reservation for dinner at Chemodan restaurant. Check their menu in advance. They have an array of dishes that you might not be familiar with. Ask for recommendations if unsure, the staff will be happy to guide you.
- State Tretyakov Museum can be quite crowded, especially on weekends, so try to go there early. Explore the museum at your own pace and don't rush, there's a lot to see.
- At Patriarch's Ponds, remember that boats are available for rent only during daylight hours. As September could be a bit chilly, don't forget to dress warmly.
- While at the Chemodan restaurant, don't miss out on trying the Siberian Pelmeni, a type of Russian dumplings, which is one of their specialties. A fitting selection of organic and natural wines will further enhance your dining experience.