Art Gallery Exploration
This date combines the intimate and contemplative atmosphere of an art gallery with the cozy conversation-sparking ambiance of a coffee shop, tailored for couple who love to drink coffee and explore new things. Take your partner on a newly-creating-culture date in Izmir!Add to favorites
- Start your date at a contemporary art gallery in Nazim Hikmet Kültür Merkezi. Explore different exhibition halls, talk about the works and artists you see. Step into the cozy world of Turkish art.
- Fuel up on intellectual and conversation enriching coffee at a nearby coffee shop. Discuss the art, what you loved, what you didn't understand, and the art that reminds you of each other.
- Finish off your date by continuing your thoughtful conversation at your partner's favorite coffee shop or by walking through the vintage streets of Kemeraltı. Take turns picking spots or pieces of art, and talk about the memories that they remind you of.
- Look up the current exhibitions and opening hours of the art gallery so you don't miss anything
- Choose a local coffee shop that has a cozy, relaxed environment and good coffee
- Brush up on your knowledge of contemporary art and art history before the date to be able to have deep discussions about the pieces of art
You may need
- Be open-minded about the art you'll see. You don't need to like everything, but try to understand why some pieces might be important or meaningful.
- Don't try to rush through everything. Take your time and discuss, debate, or just quietly absorb each piece of art. The point is to enjoy each other's company, as well as the art.
- The coffee shop you choose is just as important as the art. Look for a place with a relaxed atmosphere, where you won't be bothered by noise, and where you can have a good, intimate conversation.